Soap Box Derby
WHO may compete in the River City Soap Box Derby?
- youth between the ages of 7-16 years old
- maximum of 24 youth racers will be allowed to compete on race day
- NO soap box derby car is required
- youth must attend (1) scheduled racer clinic
- youth may attend additional racer clinics if desired
WHAT is the prize?
Racers are competing for:
- 1st Place – $300.00, a trophy and Bragging Rights for 1 year
- 2nd Place – $200.00, a trophy and certificate
- 3rd Place – $100.00, a trophy and certificate
- All students will receive a certificate of completion.
WHEN is the River City Soap Box Derby?
- River City Soap Box Derby is Saturday, June 30, 2018
WHERE is the River City Soap Box Derby held?
- Lakebottom Park Area
- 17th Street (Next to Columbus High School)
HOW do you sign up to participate?
- Early Registration for River City Soap Box Derby begins April 21 – May 31, 2018
- $65.00 race registration fee is required per racer.
- Race registration covers t-shirt, trophy or certificate, racer insurance
- Race registration fees are waived for racers who solicit $100.00 in souvenir journal ads (see RCSBD Fundraiser)
- souvenir journal ads must be in by deadline date (May 31, 2018) to qualify for waived registration fees